herzverstreut_bu: (Default)
Hi! I'm not around much at the moment, because offline life is busy and I'm not really doing anything fannish (except having caught up with Doctor Who, which I stopped watching in early season three, but my thoughts on this are many and disjointed and I don't feel like trying to bring them into any sort of coherent form). To prove that I'm not dead, here are some more graveyard photos!

Shiva, Kerstin, Christoph and I visited Südwestkirchhof Stahnsdorf yesterday, a huge cemetery from the early 20th century. It belonged to East Germany and fell into disrepair, and now it's mostly a forest with withered gravestones, mausoleums and fountains scattered throughout - all quiet and peaceful and really beautiful. I originally wanted to go because the British military cemetery that is located within the graveyard is supposed to be haunted, but other parts turned out to be much more interesting

Desaturation makes everything better. )

In other and completely unrelated news: less than a week before I'll be heading to the Balkans with [personal profile] morningfine! :D If everything goes as planned (and it'd better!) we'll fly to Athens on Saturday, take the bus to Gjirokastër and make our way through Albania, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina and Croatia to fly back from Zagreb on the 16th. WORDS CAN NOT CONTAIN HOW EXCITED I AM. Is it Saturday yet?

This entry was originally posted at http://scatterheart.dreamwidth.org/7711.html. Please comment there using OpenID.
herzverstreut_bu: (XKCD - rainbow power!)
I'm late again, but it's from the heart: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, [livejournal.com profile] lennongirl! ♥ And on time: Happy Birthday, [livejournal.com profile] lily_liedtome!

I owe more comments than I can count, but for now I need to say bye for the weekend. If anyone needs me, I'll be at Parada Równości, aka Warsaw Pride. :D There will be twittering, as usual, and should crazed Catholics burn me at the stake I'm sure someone will let you know. Have a lovely weekend!
herzverstreut_bu: (Misc - hedwig - the new berlin wall)
Imagine a small production of "Hedwig and the Angry Inch". Now imagine it in a tiny little church (a real one, with tower and vaults and everything), played to an audience of maybe 50 people, roughly 60% of which were old ladies. (The remaining 40 percent, except for [livejournal.com profile] kaoru_is_here and myself, seemed to consist of the church's youth group.) It was one of the most WTF-inducing evenings of my life.

In which there is a nice play and a WTF-inducing encore )

Yes, I heard "Highway to Hell" performed in church, with the elderly ladies of the church choir as backup vocals. I never thought I would one day be able to say this.

(P.S. You have roughly half an hour left to bid at Sweet Charity!)
herzverstreut_bu: (Pride)
Now that both Pride and our not-so-big meetup are officially over, here are the promised pictures and other impressions.

*waves rainbowflag* )

Sunday we were joined by the lovely [livejournal.com profile] teh_jules and spent our time brunching and lounging at the Dachkammer and in the park and then watching QaF 507 (SO SO SO MUCH (angsty) LOVE FOR THIS EPISODE!!!) and stuff, but that is a tale for another day. (Because I'm tired and want to begin catching up with all your posts.)
:D

But may I just say: Girls, you're all so very, very awesome and I had the most brilliant time! *loves*

ETA: (Yeah, still not in bed yet. Damn, you guys were productive those last days! :X) Head over to Nora's LJ for more (and better) pics!
ETA2: Or to Trisha's

Profile

herzverstreut_bu: (Default)
herzverstreut backup

November 2015

S M T W T F S
1234567
8910111213 14
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930     

Syndicate

RSS Atom

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Jul. 26th, 2017 04:52 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios